The 90% of a halfcoil was blown and it was tested a 7 short coils system

We worked in the new Argon glove box in order to manage poisonous or dangerous materials but left some time to test old and new coils.

It was repeated the tests over a coil named “half-coil” using two impedance networks that recovered a lot of energy but less than expected. When dismounting we saw that some holes appeared in the external part but the internal part was really damaged and almost all of it simply disappeared because it was burned and or blown.

Test S3039

Also, we installed a new coil system by using shorter coils to reduce the overall size to fit in a truck. The new coil survived without damages but it collected 52% of the energy of the larger coils system

Test S3040

Tests 3033-3036, holes in coils and Miranda new parts

It was made 4 tests:
First all it was repeated the test 3033 but it was reduced the capacitive load. As a result, the recovered energy was increased a 210%. The discharge current was also well over the 1 mega amp with an error of 8.3%. The frequency of the magnetic field at the new magnetic sensor was reduced from 139MHz to 109MHz which is too high.
The 3 magnetic sensors detected the plasma ball explosion at 5.86microseconds with a time of flight of 28ns between passing sensor-1 to 3 giving 321km/second
It can be seen clearly the phase change when the EM pulse reaches the sensors in the following oscilloscope plot

S3035-2 B field Phase change

The magnetic field is at 50% to reach ignition conditions
Unfortunately, after that, the EM pulse reached one of the oscilloscope channels giving an erroneous signal
in tests 3034,3035 and 3036 Also, it was tested a new recovery energy coil that reduces losses due to reflecting particles. There are now less reflecting energy but the particles make holes in the coil!

One of the tests

The test 3034 was failed the magnetic field recovery due the EM wave reached the scope probes, so it was solved in the 3035 test, where the discharge current increased 211% and the magnetic field was doubled with respect test 3033. This time the breakdown of the plasma ball was done at 8.62microsecond, that is 1.47 times longer due to the increased magnetic field

In test 3035 it was doubled the capacitors used to store recovered energy. As result the magnetic field was increased 29% and also the plasma ball confinement time was increased by 63%. Now we have to check the energy recovered at the capacitor but lots of megabytes must be processed.

In another way, it was finalized the sealings of the argon gas and a secondary coil is building. We hope to reach 650kV with it and pulses of several megawatts

The Argon Camera

New magnetic sensor array

A new sensor array is installed close to the target.
We made 3 tests, in the first test 28 kilotesla was reached, in the second test only 5.6 kilotesla, but in the third 74 kilotesla was reached, but also sustained during 500 nanoseconds!.
The new sensor array allows a redundant check of the generated magnetic field and more information of the plasma shape but a lot of calculus was involved
In the 3rd test it was used a new system with seven energy recovery coils Energy generation is around the corner Also, we mounted a new globe box to mount inside fusion fuel to begin to generate energy (actually only 2-5% of the energy is recovered) to increase >5x energy generation The electrodes were severy damaged in the last tests but not changed, we had no SD card to record images, but we prefer not to take videos instead erase the SD with hard rock music at the playback equipment that is more needed to work than have some images. In another way, we are building a 20x more powerful capacitor as long as existing ones are not powerful enough

Magnetic mirrors tested and Energy Recovery System improvements

In this test campaign, it is checked using magnetic mirrors and enhanced energy recovery systems.

Miranda’s seals have been received for inspection. On the other hand, some parts of the following Pulsotron device are being designed.

S3030 Test Setup

Regarding the tests, 3 different tests were carried out on the Pulsotron-3 machine working at 90% of the maximum voltage.

S3030 Test Sequence

The use of passive magnetic mirrors was tested as well as electrical energy recovery tests. In addition, some components have been added to the Pulsotron to improve performance and reduce energy leaks, for which it was partially dismantled, but the thunder chamber that was severely damaged after the last test campaign was definitely broken. Fortunately, this setback was planned and a new more robust one was built and installed, although it was also partially damaged, verifying that the notable increase in discharge was much higher, even greater than in the previous test, proving that it was not due to currents leak In the last test, the recovery of electrical energy was tested in differential mode with the return of energy in a star configuration resulting in that it received even more energy than before.

This is the first time that we have not had major breakdowns, neither in the Pulsotron nor in the sensors and also the results have been better than expected, but at the end, it was checked that the electrodes inside the combustion chamber were damaged and should be replaced

Combustion Chamber